Our Lucerne Hay Cubes are made from 100% pure premium leafy green irrigated Lucerne free from unwanted additives in a highly palatable 32mm high fibre cube form.
Lucerne Hay Cubes are great for horses in work or horses needing extra energy and protein. They are high in fibre and are a simple base feed for horses prone to or suffering from digestive upsets such as stomach ulcers.
Hay Cubes are the ideal base for any feed ration.
Available in convenient 20kg bags from your nearest stockist. Bulka Bags available on request.
Introducing Hay Cubes
- Gradually introduce soaked hay cubes into your horse’s diet over a 14 day period.
- Soak the hay cubes in cold (1 hour) or warm (30 mins) water until properly softened.
- After 14 days you can reduce the water gradually to feed the hay cubes dry, or if your horse prefers, they can continue to be fed soaked.
- Offering Hay Cubes in smaller pieces as a treat allows horses and ponies to readily accept the alternative form.
- Fresh drinking water should always be available.
- Always feed by weight not volume.
- Horses require a minimum of 1.5% of body weight (kg) of forage per a day.
- Feed requirements depend on pasture availability, the horses weight, age, size, condition and work level.
- Consult your veterinarian or nutritionist to develop a complete feeding plan specific for your horse.
Hay Cubes must be stored in a cool dry, well ventilated area out of direct sunlight and protected from vermin. Once opened Hay Cubes can be stored for up to 6 months this way.
- Complete hay or chaff alternative
- Nutritionally consistent
- Palatable and easy to digest
- Retained fibre length
- Easy portion control
- Selective foraging is eliminated
- Reduce waste and minimal dust
- Convenient to sack, store and handle
- Long life, won’t go off once opened
- Easy to feed