Our Clover, Rye and Oaten Pasture Hay Cubes are made from 100% pure premium Clover, Rye and Oaten hay free from unwanted additives in a highly palatable 32mm high fibre cube form.
Pasture Hay Cubes are perfect for feeding horses that are upset by Lucerne in their diet or who become “heated”. They are also great for the kids ponies and an all-round maintenance feed ensuring your horse gets adequate quality roughage for cool performance.
Hay Cubes are the ideal base for any feed ration.
Available in convenient 20kg bags from your nearest stockist.
Bulka Bags available on request.
Introducing Hay Cubes
- Gradually introduce soaked Hay Cubes into your horse’s diet over a 14 day period.
- Soak the hay cubes (1:1 ratio) in cold (1 hour) or warm (30 mins) water until properly softened.
- After 14 days you can reduce the water gradually to feed the hay cubes dry, or if your horse prefers, they can continue to be fed soaked.
- Offering Hay Cubes in smaller pieces as a treat allows horses and ponies to readily accept the alternative form.
- Always feed by weight not volume.
- Horses require a minimum of 1.5% of body weight (kg) of forage per day.
- For example 4.5kg per day for a 300kg pony or 7.5kg for a 500kg horse.
- Forage requirements depend on pasture availability, horse’s weight, age, size, condition and work level.
- Fresh drinking water should always be available.
- Consult a qualified nutritionist to develop a complete feeding plan specifically for your horse.
Like all stockfeeds, Hay Cubes must be stored in a cool, dry well ventilated area out of direct sunlight and protected from vermin.
Hay Cubes are a natural, nutritionally consistent alternative source of forage.
Hay is coarsely chopped to maintain an ideal fibre length and then compressed into 32mm Hay Cubes.
Hay Cubes use the entire plant, ensuring no selective foraging occurs.
Hay Cubes take longer to chew, which increases saliva production for easier digestion.
Hay Cubes are easy to chew for horses with worn or damaged teeth.
Feed by weight not volume. The consistent weight of Hay Cubes allows for quick and easy feed preparation.
Minimal dust occurs in Hay Cubes which can assist horses with respiratory problems.
Don’t waste substantial amounts of hay or chaff in the elements.